Monday, August 11, 2008

Not totally useless...

I'm heartened to know that the work I'm doing on this blog needs to be done.

Last night, enjoying a cup of tea and a cigarette on the balcony (yes, sometimes writers' lives really do involve moments like this), I heard two of my (straight male) friends having the following conversation:

"See, when you're a man, you're hoping your partner will never change, never get old and fat, but when you're a woman, you want to change everything about your boyfriend."

Ugh. One of them summed this theory up as, "men love women, women love a project."

If you might still be tempted to use this logic in casual conversation, please refer to all of last week's posts. DATE returns tomorrow with another exciting edition, but tonight? Um, tonight I have a date.

No comments: